Monday, October 22, 2007

Long Time!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? Long time right? lol. Mennn! Last week was something else (the next few weeks will equally be tasking as I round up). I got only about six (6) hrs sleep in four (5) days. I was prepared to break down. I thought my body was just going to shut down cos it was really bad, but glory be to God I'm doing great. By Saturday my eyes were glazed in class, honestly. I don't mean to stress it but I actually feared that I would just fall flat on the table with a hug thump, but thank God.

I really had lots to share with you during the process of the week but couldn't. I was kinda wishing blogs could be recorded by voice so I won't have to miss uploading posts for you to read. I completed one of my classes (Leadership) on Saturday (the class I was talking about above) with a highly knowledgeable consultant and it was great. I would like to share two things with you from this class.

There is nothing that we learn in the world that is not founded in the Word of God you know. The first thing I'd like to share with you is 'to effect change you have to end a process to begin a new one'. Isn't that something a lot of times when we want to change things we're all about I'll begin to do this, and I'll begin to do that, and we forget about what we need to end so that the new things we're starting are not in vain. For effective change, there has to be a demarcation. I was impressed. That is key information. It's just like trying saying 'I'm born again' yet do the things of the world. That is not an effective change. Or saying 'I want to have a healthy and trim body' yet still sit down in front of the TV and consume five (5) pieces of meat with a meal.

The second thing is; for effective change we need a vision and a vision is important to know where one is headed, to create forward momentum and to draw resources. We've always heard that we need to have a vision in the bible. We've also heard that once we have a vision, God will grant us the provision we need. So what we learn from the Word of God and in the house of God is really more than enough equipment for this world. Whatever it is you might want to achieve, have a vision, write it down, have a Word to support it, and remember to end the things/habits that may run against it.

God is truly the best teacher. May He continually teach us and help us in Jesus mighty name. It is well.

L8r

"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry". Hab 2:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment