Monday, May 28, 2007

Anointing Sunday!

Hello Friend,
Today was another anointing Sunday in church. I didn't get to sleep at all cos of the kids (i.e. Saturday night). Finally both were asleep at 6 a.m and I decided to take a 30 min nap before I start getting ready to head out for prayer in church (which is at 7.30 a.m by the way). Next thing, I wake up at 11.16 a.m!!! Can you believe it. That hasn't happened before. I'm like 'the devil is a liar'. My body starts to tell me 'Just don't bother getting up or you'll break down, you need the sleep', but I ask God for strength to get me up. I get up and rush up and down and around lol and zoom out at 12.05 a.m. Missed prayer meeting and workers meeting but I got there in time to hear 'The word' and we also got our anointing. Praise God! We're anointed for Divine Visitation throughout the month of June. The anointing of God is very important and I didn't want to take it for granted.
I had been thinking yesterday about a number of things. Do you know that women multi task all the time? Women are care givers. It amazes me what some women have been through and how they've coped with it. You know! How despite it all they remain strong. We sometimes forget to care for ourselves but we cannot afford to. Are you out there struggling to give your ALL to a relationship with a guy(boyfriend/fiancee), your husband, child(ren), parents, relatives, in-laws or at home, work, school, biz and so on. I'm not saying you shouldn't but there is a but. (Speaking to myself too) Don't give sooooooo much of yourself that you forget to make sure that you're rapturable (i.e that you make it to heaven at the end of the day).The bible says that we will each stand alone before God - 2 Cor 5:10 Married or single. It wouldn't be nice for the people we are loving and caring for to make it to heaven and we don't. Men!!! God forbid. We will all make it in Jesus mighty name. So let's make sure that we don't forget our personal relationship with God.
Mary or Martha?
Jesus said to Martha (when she was complaining about Mary not helping her out to get all the food and stuff ready for Jesus) "Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her" As a young child growing up. I struggled with this a bit. I'm like but she was running around for Jesus. It took me a while to realise that Jesus wasn't saying it was a bad thing to run around! He just basically meant 'Ensure that your personal/intimate time with me is not compromised'. At least that is how it was revealed to me. Ain't that something!!!
As we love and care for all around us may God grant us the grace to sit at His feet when we ought to hmmm... Amen. Let us find intimacy with God despite the busyness of Life. May God help us. Got to go.
L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment