Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day!

Hello Friend!

How was memorial day? Wish the so called weekend was longer right? Well wrong... I had planned to sleep as much as I could but ... couldn't. Ended up doing some spring cleaning instead. Needless to say that I ended up with a very runny nose, eyes that have been all red and teary all day.

I know you must have probably gone shopping during the weekend. Lots of people did. It'll be fun for us to know where you do most of your shopping. So let's know (Take the poll on the right).

Memorial day remembers the American men and women who put their lives on the line for the nation. They are truly heroes. I found a wonderful website a year ago. When I came from Nigeria I was really surprised to find out that people actually threw their old clothes away (as in trashed them). I tried to find a church that collected old clothes but didn't find any so I searched online and found a website for Vietnam veterans. You can donate so many things to these people. They have a list of items you can donate online and can also come pick it up at your home. So if you have anything lying around that doesn't work for you anymore click here for more info.

L8r

1 comment:

  1. Buki real nice job on the poll. Would have loved to have taken it though but we are in naija. We too we want to take poll oh.

    ReplyDelete