Friday, May 25, 2007

Hello Y'all!

Wow!!! My first post ever!

Hello Friend! I'm so excited. I always heard about this blog thingy but didn't know exactly how it worked and frankly I wasn't interested. I was like 'a few people obviously have more time on their hands' lol. But the good thing is that I've always been open to learning new things so it didn't come to me as a surprise when I got hooked at the end of the day. Started planning my writing strategy yesterday and trust! my head began to race with all the stuff that I want to share. Of course that all went puff!!! in the air once I started typing.

Woke up this morning exhausted cos of the kids ( hardly got any sleep), so my typing may be a bit slurpy (yea...yea...). 'So you think you can dance' premiered last night whooohuuu! http://www.fox.com/dance/ Love the show!!! A nice start to the ending of 'Dancing with the stars' http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index and 'American Idol' http://www.americanidol.com/. Congratulations Jordin.

I mentioned 'So you think you can dance' cos I think dancing is a good way to relieve exhaustion (bizarre as it may sound) and a great way would be to dance or choreograph to Praise & Worship songs in the mornings. Aside from the fact that you get to move your body, you actually enable your mind focus on God and God alone for a while. That of course will be the ideal situation. However, I find that in the mornings moving my limbs are a hassle for like the first 30 mins after waking waking up. What works for me is 'blasting music' in the car and i'm talking about gospel dance music. I play different kinds of songs but when I'm exhausted I need something really fast. That's when I crank out my 'TBone' or 'SOL' cds' or I just plug my Ipod in. I don't need slow music at that time at all!!! I think music is the beat to life you know! All we're going to do in heaven is praise and worship God. Don't get me wrong slow music is also great but I'm talking about those times when after chasing your child(ren) up and down/ doing house work/ cooking/ doing assignments/work (or whatever else you have to do) all at once you need something to really get you going. At least I do. 2007 is my year of praise and wonders so it even suits the season as well.

I have a case study to look at as well as loads of reading assignments, so I have to go now. Will be back tomorrow. Apparently I didn't think studying for my Msc and taking care of two kids less than 2 yrs old would be hard. Go figure. But of course God is my ever present help in time of need.

L8r.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    Congrats on your first 'post'...it's a first for me too; a first comment on a blog post :) You have a great vision that will be such a blessing to women everywhere. Go girl!!
    Oh and congrats on No. 2! So proud of you.
    Mo

    ReplyDelete