Monday, January 7, 2008

The Year Ahead!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing? Great I'm sure. I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I believe that as a child of God, I concentrate on the spiritual more. So I believe one needs to converse with God about what one needs to do to progress to the next level of glory in one's life. I don't look at the year as a physical year per se. I just see it as a next level. Anyhow before I repeat myself again lol, what I wanted to say is "what do you desire for your next level?".

I believe in balance, so as I'm trying to improve my spirituality I try to improve my career as well etc, and if I focus on one aspect for a while then I know it is time to focus on another aspect for a while. Proverbs mention balance quite a bit "A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight" Proverbs 11:1. That is opinion though. The bible says "...Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind". Roman 14:5b

So we can break it down into aspects of our lives:
Physical (could be emotional, physical appearance, eating, health, etc)
Spiritual (Spiritual health, prayer, ministry, calling, gifting, serving in church etc)
Marriage (Spouse, kids, in-laws, communication, commitment etc)
Finances (Money, car, house, school fees, gas, bills, payments etc)
Career (work, goals, projects, education, growth etc)
Business (start-up, organization, decisions, hiring, activities, goals, objectives etc)


You can divide these up, depending on which aspects affect you e.g for those that are unmarried, it could be commitment in your relationship, kids/no kids, whatever aspects you divide your life into around these basics, it should work. Then to prayerfully pick a word for each aspect, and ask God what He would have you do concerning each one. May God grant you the wisdom, patience, strength, grace and favor that you need to achieve greatness in all the above in Jesus mighty name.

By the end of this year, God will have elevated us all in Jesus mighty name.

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment