Sunday, April 26, 2015

Baby Blues...

Hello Friend,

Trust you are doing good today? Yea? :)

It's been a HECtic week lol. I had an expo to attend yesterday but I was so poofed; I decided to take a break and boy did it help. From feeling so week and frail to well rested and upbeat. Nice!

So full school runs begins tomorrow and I am so pumped (almost lol). And I'm basically at the all important cross road of when to get my baby into creche. For my 1st child, she stayed home till she was about 1 and a half yrs old. That was not kool because she became so uncomfortable around people and it took us a LONG time to get her out of that. She wouldn't talk to people etc. Needless to say I am not trying that again. My 2nd started daycare at 7mths and he was fabulous. Mixed well, talked very early; he blended very well and because I did exclusive breastfeeding with him for 6mths he was never ill etc. No complaints. My 3rd started at about 5mths or so... (as you can see its reducing by the number of months). He was also fab. I also did exclusive with him and he was fabulous. he blended well. Wasn't ill and he is the most extroverted of the kids.

So... with my lil' miss (No. 4) who is about to clock 4 months, I'm like when should I start her off? The creche said they're ready to take her in but I think I'm gonna start when she is about 4/5 mths. I'm thinking once she is sitting and has started taking a lil bit of cereal. That of course means I can't be fully at work all day, everyday. So it's a sacrifice I have to make. My main concern is getting enough breast milk for her. She isn't exclusive, but I try to keep her formula feeding to one a day, MAX 2 bottles. So because I won't want them feeding her too much formula and i might have an issue freezing and taking enough of the breast milk to school for her (the commute is about 2hrs to their school); been praying about it for a while and that's what my spirit says I should do. So in another month she can join the rest of the kids, if she's sitting and has started a lil cereal.

The decisions mothers have to take and the stuff we get to worry about is funny and amazing at the same time.

So... because school runs begins tomorrow and my lil miss is almost clocking four months (2nd week in May); I have to begin my abs and exercise tomorrow. I have been waiting for a gym near my office to open but they haven't so I have to resort to my home dancing exercises. I am really hoping the gym opens in about 2 wks so that I can get in some serious abs and core work out. I basically divided the exercises into parts of my body, cos over the years I've seen what works and what doesn't. I am apple shaped and so I've learned to work my shoulders and under arms with dumbbells. For my abs; I do abs and core work outs. For my butt I do squats; for my thighs if able to gym I use a climbing or stepping machine. If I don't get to go to the gym I just do forward bending squats. Phewww! If I do those consistently a nice figure emerges. Not hour glass or pear like I'd like, but a nice one lolll.

I don't really diet (food wise); because once I start exercising I generally am put off by most greasy and unhealthy foods. And if I indulge, I just ensure I work twice the scheduled work out for the day. So... wish me well oh. It should take about a month or two for me to get where I'd like to be. I pray it goes well and I stay committed to it. Will fill you in as I go along :)

I generally think that once a woman gets preggie it takes about a year and a half to get yourself back together. I plan to breastfeed till she is about 1 and a half or 2 yrs (which is what I did with the boys). But each child is unique in their own way. We'll see how it works out. It's a long and beautiful process and I thank God for the opportunity to go through it.

I leave you with this:

1 Tim 4: 8
“For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come”.

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment