Tuesday, April 14, 2015

'Part Leave'

Hello Friend,

Okay... so I'm currently on part leave lol. What that means is that I work from home because the kids are on holiday. I basically work from my laptop; and when I have meetings I drop the kids off at my mum or besties' place. Sometimes I just straight up journey to my mum's place; work from there (cos it's not far from my office), and then journey home again. I do that because it allows me dash to the office wherever something comes up (as I live on the Lekki Epe axis and work on the mainland - don't ask me why lol).

I also don't have a maid; with four kids. Why? because it just doesn't work. After much holla from my friends and mum, I finally got a cleaning lady, while I was heavily pregnant. The lady is supposed to come every day except Sundays. 2-6pm or 3 -7pm workdays, and all day till about 5pm Saturdays but guess what? We don't get home till about 7/8pm weekdays and the weekends, she comes and in 2-4 hours max she says she is done, and is in a hurry to leave. We also cannot wait for her to leave cos she just constitutes a nuisance after 3hrs. Her job description is basically cleaning (dishes, sweeping, mopping, kids laundry, clean bathrooms). I don't allow her cook nor bath for kids nor all that kinda stuff. Just because it's stuff I'd rather do.

And the way it works now during the week I end up doing all the work. plus Sundays and even half of Saturday. so what's the point of having her at all; when I still do everything. So I told her it wasn't working and she needed to find something else (that was three weeks ago). Well... she asked the guy who brought her to solicit and didn't let me rest. So... she's back. Told her I'd try one more month and revise. I already know what the solution and revision is; and that is for her to work only Saturdays and cut her pay in half which is much more than fair (cos that's just four days a month). I love cleaning and mopping anyway so it works. What I don't like is doing laundry arghhh... Did I mention she doesn't even iron the kid clothes. I don't mind ironing too; if there's light and all the kids are occupied lol.

So... the part leave works till the kids get back to school. And then we start the school runs etc again and I can get back to my seat at the office. It's a bit cumbersome because there are bills and I still need to pull in a certain amount of business and profit every month or else they'd be a mega back log of bills. But at the end of the day I imbibe the Nike spirit 'Just do it'. I don't even think about it; I just do it. Like I told a friend of mine, if I sit down to start thinking of how much stuff I need to do or accomplish I'd break down. So, no time for that. The only thing I do is whenever I have projects at the office not going well; or when I need way much than is coming in, or its just generally getting over hefty; I take a day off and just sleep. That can't happen on a school day for the kids though lol; neither can it happen more than once in six months.I generally pray and come up with fab ideas the following day.

That's part leave in a nut shell. I have two fab meetings lined up and I am so excited. One is tomorrow; so wish me well.

I pray the Lord shall grant us all the strength that we need. Amen

Isaiah 40:29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

2 Sam 22:33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.

Ps 18:2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.


Ps 46: 1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment