Sunday, April 12, 2015

Is she reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back?

Hello Friend,

I guess I wasn't really back in 2009 lol... If you count from my last post in March 2008; It's been 7yrs!!! I cannot believe it. Can you?

All through these years; I've tried to start another blog because I just felt the transition was too wide a gap to fill from Minneapolis to Lagos. Where would I start from? The gist was a lot, PLUS settling down here took wayyy much more time and effort than we expected. But... every once in a while I'd come back, and read through my posts and just go on with my other new life here in Lagos.

I basically just kept this blog like a memorabilia/old diary that I'd read through to remind me of the days in Minnesota. I didn't want to delete my posts on the right column like; 'fave tv shows', 'stuff I miss' (e.g. how I missed Mr. Biggs doughnuts). I wanted to remember all that. But I have since realized that holding on to this would of course continue to derive me of making a new diary that will be old in a few yrs too lol... and of course time just rolled by like no man's business.

Okay so a few baseline things have happened in 7 years (wow).
- We moved from Minneapolis to Lagos in Oct 2008 (reunite with family and old friends)
- I started running my business in Lagos in Jan 2009
- I lost my precious grandad (mum's dad) in 2009
- I now have a new church, Pastor etc
- I have had two other kids. one in 2010 and the other just this year 2015 (making it four now).
The rest you'll catch up with via my posts.

Also
- There's been the emergence of blackberry, whatsapp, and all ramifications of social media plus all the new punctuations' such as Lol, Smh, Lbt, etc

Through the years there have been many ups and downs, some of which I may be permitted to share; but I thank God because whether up or down, God has shown himself faithful. I tell you! I'm thankful I'm beginning at year 7. 7 is the number of perfection, so maybe it's for a reason. Numbers have their meanings and significance.

You can read more about numbers here.

I'm glad to be back and pray for the strength to carry on.

I leave you with this word:

Psalm 90:12 King James Version (KJV).
  
'So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom'

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment