Monday, September 17, 2007

Giving!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? And how was your weekend? Great I'm sure. We thank God for the beginning of yet another week. Monday... Lots of work... Anyhow, Like you know I've started my project/capstone and believe me it's a lot of work. I have a deadline tomorrow to get my 2nd section in and I haven't even cut through the first 10 lines. Needless to say, I'll be here all day. I hate last minute work and really try to work hard to avoid it but...

We have a donation thingy going on in church. Our Pastor came up with like an open forum to give different products to church, so church could give it to kids in school. That is the basic gist don't want to go into that much details but I kinda love the idea of spreading joy to others around us in a wise way. I remember when I first gave my life to Christ. The question of how to give and when to give always came up, and I learnt that there is also wisdom in giving. For instance then in college, a classmate could come ask me for money saying he needs it for a textbook and I would/could easily guess that the textbook meant alcohol later in the day. You know what I'm talking about!!! You might have faced a different situation but the same general idea. It was confusing. How do you tell cos sometimes you don't have enough to go round so...

Remember the man at the beautiful gate, what he really needed was healing. Peter could have given him money and moved on but what he gave him was what he needed. The disciples also in Acts 4:32-35 distributed possessions according to a man's need. Verse 34 says "There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time...". Can you imagine! So where ever we find ourselves there shouldn't be a need amongst us. How??? Well...

What we can do is ask for wisdom and revelation. We can't do it of ourselves. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" James 1:5. There are so many passages we can go through for giving but let's round up with "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again" Luke 6:38 May God help us in Jesus name.

Wish me all the best with my project submission tomorrow. lol. It is well.

L8r

2 comments:

  1. All the best on your project tomorow. Indeed the bible says that you have more understanding than your teachers and that favour encompasses you about as a sheild. Go out in favour and possess your inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much 'unbiased'! God bless you. May He meet you also at your points of need in Jesus mighty name. Amen

    ReplyDelete