Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day!!!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? It's independence day. Yipeeee! Barbecue, fireworks and shopping. I'm not goin to be doing any of the above though, but u can be rest assured 98% of people in the US will. I went for our usual Tuesday prayer intercessory meeting today, and it was great. It is always so good to be in the presence of God praying with God's people. I learnt so much. We prayed about a number of things, and part of it was 'for labourers' i.e. for God to bring more laborers into his vineyard.

Our Pastor read Nehemiah 5b "...but their nobles would not put their shoulders to the work under their supervisors". If you read from verse 3 to 5b you'll understand that the nobles did not want to put their shoulders to the work amongst the other brethren. And the way he explained it is so right. Many of us are too preoccupied to put our shoulders to the work of God. No sacrifice. The Church is now a convenient Church. Are you a convenient Christian? Like the example he gave 'we cannot even wake up and make it to Church for 7 am and we're expecting all the blessings'. Other things he said include 'every good thing we get requires sacrifice, go check it', 'If you put fake gold through the fire that real gold goes through, it cannot withstand it', 'if you had to pick between someone who praises you 7 times and someone who praises you 3 times will you not pick the one who praised you 7 times, the same thing applies with God' and so on.

The truth is that I need to sacrifice a lot more for God cos He has been so merciful to me. I also need to put my neck and shoulders to His work. Whatever it takes. Fact of the matter is, no matter how much I am giving God right now, it is not enough. God totally deserves more. I used the word 'I' cos it starts with self. Someone said afterwards "it's true a lot of people are not ready to sacrifice more time to God and some of those who do, are just looking for position' I was crushed but it was the best thing I could have heard cos I realised that 'that' was the problem. Using the word 'people' instead of 'me' or 'I'. At best use the word 'us' or 'we'. Generally including oneself is best, cos we are all part of the body. May God help us all in Jesus mighty name.

Excuses may sometimes come up. Like sometimes I'm like 'I'm the only one in prayer committee who has two kids, and have to make it to Church by 7.30 a.m. and they are both under 2 (yrs), so maybe I need to slow down' But thank God for encouragement. I was encouraged today that it's a sacrifice. It is tough, yes, but my God is tougher. Pastor Segs used to say "EXCUSES STINK". So no more excuses.

How does this tie in with independence day? Well, a lot of fighters, soldiers, activists, politicians, and many many others, actually sacrificed a lot for the US to be where it is today.

I encourage you also today the same way I was encouraged. God deserves better than 'whatever is the best' you're offering Him right now. Do more for God. Sacrifice more for Him. He deserves much more. It is well.

Have a wonderful 4th of July.

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment