Monday, July 2, 2007

Thinking!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? My weekend was great. I actually got to rest a bit on Saturday but that meant not completing all my Chapter readings for class later today. It is well. Gisted with my bro for a long time on Saturday, that was really kool. He is trying his hands out on this blogging thingy and I'm so excited cos he is so gifted. Otherwise, Saturday was generally and truly a 'thinking' day for me. Considering that the next day would be our fasting day I was like 'what am I going to aggressively pray for tomorrow?', 'What possessions do I want to possess?' What do I think God wants me to possess/inherit?'. Part of it was really exciting cos I'm looking forward to so much change upwards (moving on to glory) and part of it was sobering (really itching to move to the next level/phase). The sobering aspects was that there were just too many ideas out there and i felt like i was dreaming too big. I thot maybe I had to slow down a bit with my thots. I came across this quote “You have to think anyway, so why not think big?”- Donald Trump

'I'm like' as a believer, I should believe that statement more than an unbeliever because I know that I serve a big God. Why should I not think Big? How will people know I serve a big God? So I can. I can think Big, think Big in a Godly way. I looked up some scriptures.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart".Psalm 37:4
"Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ".Col 3:24
"Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession".Psalm 2:8
"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass". Psalm 37:5
"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable".Psalm 145:3
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"John 1:12
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God".Romans 8:14

True enough yday in church we prayed 'bout receiving all we ought to possess/inherit' this month. With the prayers in Church I received that I will begin to manifest His greatness, His goodness, His favor and His power.

I thank God for bringing me to the beginning of yet another month, for his blessings, for seeing me through everything I have been through and for where He is taking me.

But as I think Big, I'll have to hold this scripture to heart "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:" 1 john 5:14. It is really the confidence I have. As long as I have that confidence in God, He will take me through the right route, and the right pace He knows will get me there.

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment