Monday, August 6, 2007

A!!!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? How was your weekend? Mine was great, Thank God. We are all well. Guess what? I have to start with this. You know I took my 'finals' for statistics on Monday. As strict as the instructor is, so is he efficient as you can imagine (those traits go together). Anyway... He usually posts results at the end of the week i.e. quizzes/tests, mid term exams etc. So when I got up on Saturday I knew the results would be there. You know the feeling I'm sure of 'the churn' in your stomach. Left it till late at night. Signed on to the intranet and with one eye closed scrolled down to where the results would be. It was an A. Praise God I screamed. Never thot I'd be that excited for a grade since I left college. It was tough, and several times I almost gave up and said 'look I'll just do what I can', or 'I can't even stress myself', or 'Let me just settle for a C or do the class again' but God gave me strength to strive for excellence, and He really did it all. I am so grateful.

We all have our desires, and God knows them. I really desire to finish with a 4. 0 average and I know God will do it. So far God has done it, and I know He will maintain it. Statistics threatened to bring it down, but God granted me Divine Escape. A couple of people told me they were repeating the class, and one even said it was his third attempt and that that was the reputation of the class. So I just bless God. "And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:" Deut 28:13 That is my prayer for you today as well.

Church was also great!!! During Sunday School, we had an interesting topic. How do we evangelise with the restrictive laws we have in place in this country? Well people gave a lot of answers and examples. At the end of the day, we learnt that we can evangelise in various ways without breaking rules and regulations e.g via the Internet (emails, web pages, blogs etc), via our daily conversations e.g use of consistent words like bless you, thank God etc, via things that are personal to us e.g stickers on our cars, posters in our offices or little things like those calendars with bible passages on our office tables, and soooooooo many others.

Like my Pastor in college would always remind us. We all have one major assignments on this earth. Preaching the word of God to men (i.e evangelism) He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation Mark 16:15 NIV. And for those in ministry, an additional assignment which is 'the perfection of saints' (i.e preparing God's people/'believers'). "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:11-13 KJV Most importantly, we can evangelise through our works, our deeds, our actions.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" Matthew 5:16 KJV
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity".1 Tim 4:12

There is no excuse for not preaching the good news. May God help us all in Jesus mighty name. Service was about 'how to enjoy Divine Escape by being an instrument of praise'. Be sure to check it out on the church link under 'my fave websites' .

Tis' the beginning of a great and blessed week, full of favor, divine escape and testimonies.

L8r.

No comments:

Post a Comment