Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Own Song!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? I'm doing great thank God. New Month today. Praise God! My exam on Monday went well. When we got to class it took us about 15 mins to take our assessments for the class. We were then handed our exams and asked to turn then in at 10pm (so we basically had 3hrs 45 mins for 3 questions). I'm like I've got this. I should turn it in by 8.30 and go home early for once. (sigh). Turned in my paper at 10pm on the dot. Can you believe that!!! I used up ALL the time, and could have done with some more.

The look on the instructor face was not good as he had been pacing up and down the classroom, waiting for us to finish. I murmured a cheery 'sorry', 'have a great rest of the summer' and ran off. I was the second-to-the-last to hand in. Got into my car, and started singing my own worships songs. There are sometimes that the ones you listen to on your car stereo, or radio do not suffice. You have to raise your own. Handed it over to God as He is the only one who can make a way where there seems to be none.

Had a conversation yesterday with a friend in church before our prayer meeting, and he was inspiring me about going to law school here, and all that (considering that I studied Law). I was explaining to him about the disadvantages of doing the JD here (i.e for me oh), and why I had decided to deviate a bit. Explained part of my general strategy to him. We went back and forth about prospects both here in the US and in Nija. Generally brainstorming on what would be good for the future and all that. Talking about a number of important aspects of management and which is a best fit for top jobs like being a CEO etc. What I'm trying to get across is that, it's really good to have friends who are believers (i.e who are 'doers' of the word and not just 'hearers') and who are driven.

Your conversations are extremely productive, they can actually be life changing conversations. You can walk away from such a conversation knowing you have gained something as opposed to 'gainless' conversations. Indulging in long 'gainless' conversations is not healthy for a believer. Arguing hours, and hours, and hours, and not making head way is a waste of time and energy. In 10 mins we were able to sharpen our strategies. Not that I changed by mind, but I was able to 'modify my strategy' by leaving a gap just incase I decide to a JD here, in the nearest future. I have other things planned for now, but that inclusion would really go a long way. My Pastor would say make sure your friendships add to your christian life, and not subtract from it.

'Show me your friends, and I'll show you who you are'

May God help us all in Jesus mighty name. Remember Jesus is the greatest friend one can have.
L8r

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers Eph 4:29


But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Col 3:8


Let your conversation be without covetousness; Heb 13:5a


Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. Col 4:6


Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity 1 Tim 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment