Friday, August 31, 2007

The Vine!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? Don't think I've been cleaning since Tues oh! I thot this week was going to be a week of relaxation before my busiest and final semester begins next week but... It happens to us all every week. When u think Mon -Fri is hectic and u can finally rest during the weekend, the weekend ends up being busier than the week cos you try to squeeze all you need to do in there.

Today is the 31st of August can u believe that, we've made it to the beginning of yet another month. I made it through my month of divine Escape and have entered my month of divine Elevation. God is sooooo faithful. Check this out, I was reading John 15 this morning. Verse 5 says "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.". Nothing!!! Verse 6 says "If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned". Can u imagine. Why would you not want to remain in Him. And do you notice that it says remain, that means you cannot just come and then leave, you have to REMAIN. It is a continuous process. Not in today, out tomorrow.

Verse 7 says "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you". Whatever. hmmn. Verse 18-19 says "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you".

We do not belong to the world but have been chosen out of the world. I just thank God for choosing me. Being connected to Jesus is the best gift ever. Knowing that these were His very words is phenomenal.

Have a blessed weekend and remember His word.

L8r

3 comments:

  1. hi just stumbled on ur blog and i m glad i did nice to know there re still young girls out there who love the lord i was just bout givin up on bloggin cos of all the dirty comments,and all but thank God i found u,i thank God 4 ur life and i pray u grow from grace tograce-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bukskito darling,
    Thanks for reminding us all of the importance of REMAINING in Christ at all time.
    The truth is, our walk with Jesus Christ has to be CONSTANT. When we give our lives, we are 'in Him'; but to remain in Him ,we need to walk constantly with him; so that the sinful nature of Adam in us is 'silenced' all the time.
    It is this sinful 'adamic' nature that causes even great men of God to fall at 'unguarded' moments.
    May God, in His Infinite Mercy, continue to strengthen us in our life' sjourney; to be faithful to Him Always. This way, we will , as promised us in Matthew 6:33, win all.
    Buks darling, well done for this good work. Keep it up!
    We love you.

    Debs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buks, how do you manage to joggle the three - housewifeing, mothering, and studentship?
    God's Grace is truly sufficient for you; He will strengthen you always. Amen!

    Debs.

    ReplyDelete