Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jesus Freak!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing? Great I am sure. The latter part of yesterday I had an eye ache. lol. That was how it felt. A headache that ached around my eye. You know I already started walking in my dominion this past weekend, so I committed it to God and it's gone. Thank God.

Logged on to update the blog, and came across one of the songs I danced to while in college 'Jesus Freak' by DC Talk. I remember we all danced to the song with so much energy and passion as with all our other dances. The dance was intense. Brings back memories!!! You truly have to be a Jesus freak to get this song.

Click here to listen to the song (Starts Playing like 2 secs after you click). Check out the lyrics below as well (Right click and open in another window so you can look at the lyrics at the same time). Basically talks about separation from worldly ways, acknowledging Christ in every way regardless of what people may think. They also give the example of John the Baptist who people thought was strange. But he was strange for God.

Lyrics
Separated I cut myself clean
From a past that comes back in my darkest dreams
Been apprehended by a spiritual force
And a grace that replaced all the me I've divorced
I saw a man with tattoo on his big fast belly
It wiggled around like marmalade jelly
It took me a while to catch what it said
Cause I had to match the rhyme of his belly with my head
Jesus Saves is what it raved in a typical tattoo green
He stood on a box in the middle of the city
And claimed he had a dream

What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak
What will people do when they find that it's true
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
Cause there ain't no disguising the truth

Kamikaze my death is gain
I've been marked by my maker
A peculiar display
The high and lofty they see me as weak
Cause I won't live and die for the power they seek

There was a man from the desert with naps in his head
the sand that he walked was also his bed
The words that he spoke made the people assume
There wasn't too much left in the upper room
With skins on his back and hair on his face
They thought he was strange by the locust he ate
The Pharisee's tripped when they heard him speak
Until the king took the head of this Jesus freak

People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger
That my best friend was born in a manger
People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger
That my best friend was born in a manger

What will people think(2x)
What will people do(2x)
I don't really care
What else can I say
There ain't no disguising the truth
Jesus is the way

Did you make it through the song??? lol. Anyway for more recent songs. I found this kool website. It's for the new release 'Pages' by Shane & Shane. Click here to listen to the songs on the album (Takes a while to load but it's totally worth it). You can also check out their website.

OMG!!! I totally have to get this album. All the songs really minister. 'Burn us up' 'In you' Before the throne' Goose bumps. The website is also 'Da Bomb'. The release date of the album is Aug 28. You can also check out their tour info by clicking on the pic.

Have a blessed day.

L8r

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord," Eph 5:19
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God" Col 3:16

7 comments:

  1. Hey Buki,
    that was a long weekend you gave us...
    really look forward to reading from this well of wisdom daily...
    i pray for strength for you...i have always envied your energy, its in a class of its own.
    Keep up this great work and just so you know we missed reading from you this last weekend.
    Your church's website is soo rich, is there any possibility of a subscription?
    That will be great!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear. I give God the glory. You know I pray the same prayer too. Sooo glad you like the church website. No subscriptions yet, very soon though. But for the messages you can actually send them out to other people's email. Just click on the send button.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the days girl!!! Jesus Freak!!! We were DcTalk maniacs then!! lol!! We may have gotten older and busy with life but in our heart of hearts I think we still got it. I really hope the video is still live and well. Last ime i saw it was in 2004 lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm telling you. You're right. We still got IT!!! The videos are still very much alive. I think youtube has a couple. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh!! Bukki Bright!! You misunderstand the video unbiased is talking about!! That one cant be on your tube. It's the one of some crazy out of this world people on one small stage in Oduduwa land struting their stuff in the name of Jesus.
    Remember now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get??? Checked but didn't see what you were talking about. Pls let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get you now anonymous!!! Didn't get at first that you were talking about the comments. I never knew of any videos like that, and still don't know of them. I thought 'unbiased' was talking about the Dc Talk musical videos of the song Jesus Freak.

    God help us. Please we are talking of the song, it's original music video and especially the lyrics oh, everyone!!! Hmmn

    ReplyDelete