Thursday, August 2, 2007

Comfort!

Hello friend,

How are you doing today? I had originally planned to share about my day yday, and what I learnt at bible study but... Really sad day in Minnesota yday. A bridge collapsed and when I say collapsed, I mean collapsed. Very tragic. I really do not like situations like this (who does) but... I had been watching CNN most of the afternoon but then switched the TV off to go get ready for church. We left for church at about 6.30pm and by then the collapse had already happened (around 6pm) but we didn't know. It was when it was testimony time, that I heard about it cos some people who had taken the same route earlier or would have taken the route at the time, came to give God praise for sparing them. Praise God!

Condolences to all the families involved, May God grant them comfort during this tough time. We're still in a state of shock. At prayer meeting the day before (Tues) we were still just praying and thanking God for seeing us from July 1- July 31 and for allowing us see the beginning of yet another month. I tell you it is not automatic at all. We just go to work (or out generally) and come back safely without acknowledging God's guidance and 'guard'iance. But for the mercies of God, we'd be consumed.

Thank God for His mercies. Let's not take these things for granted. Another aspect I am passionate about is 'knowing Christ'. May we all know Christ and his salvation as WE OUGHT TO In Jesus mighty name Amen.

My prayer today is that of thanksgiving for preservation. August is our month of Divine Escape in my church and we really thank Him for His word.

Psalm 121
1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Let that be your prayer (it is mine) this morning, and forever more. Amen.

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment