Thursday, August 9, 2007

Faith!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? Great I'm sure. Been quite busy trying to round off for the semester, and also kick off plans for the biz I told you about. It can be very bothersome especially cos it entails trying to do biz 'over the sea' lol. Running a biz where you are is a lot of work, so you can now imagine trying to do it on another continent. Nija to be specific. I'm in the process of getting and interviewing staff amongst other PROCESSES (believe me there are a lot of processes). There is a Yoruba saying for the way I'm feeling right now (I hope I get the words right). 'O le ka yan la ya'. Meaning like 'it can overwhelm your heart'. But I have handed it all over to God. If I try to do it on the own, '... the arm of flesh will fail'.

We talked about faith at bible study yesterday. We've heard so many teachings on faith but we need to be reminded daily that we (believers) walk by faith, and not by sight 2 Cor 5:7. The moment you begin to rely on your sight, ability or flesh generally. You're on your own. We ought not to go by what we see, but by what we have read from the Word and heard from God. We need to believe it, and yeah believe it COMPLETELY.

Something Asst. Pastor said to remind us, is that every little doubt we have cancels out faith. Hmmm! You need to really think about that. I did. Does that mean a thought of doubt cannot come to our minds? Of course not. I think once the devil tries to sow a seed of doubt through our thoughts, we can counter-act that with the Word. No wonder, we are encouraged to have a word we are holding on to, concerning any situation. So that we can speak it continuously. Accepting the doubtful thought, and pondering upon it, is what we shouldn't do.

May God help us all in Jesus mighty name.

L8r

2 comments:

  1. I don't agree with Assitant pastor o, every little doubt?! Ha mehn all my faith has gone niyen now. Maybe I should just go and check dictionary.
    Me I doubt sometimes, I doubt whether i am or have done the right thing, whether God will do it (because it may not be his will, something like that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30+ I get what you mean and that was why I was trying to explain that it's accepting and pondering upon it, that probably affects one's faith. But as concerning whether a matter is God's will or not, I think that's not doubting faith, I think that has to do with discernment. Unless God has specifically laid a decision on your heart. That's what I think. For instance 'should I start my daughter in daycare now or should I wait till Dec'. That I think is a matter of discernment not doubt. May God help us all in Jesus mightyh name.

    ReplyDelete