Friday, August 17, 2007

Yipee!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? End of summer semester at last. phew! Thank God. It's a huge relief for now. Had a bit of an issue with my daughter and daycare. Dropped her off wed, and they said she had a temp and running tummy and I should come get her...brought her home, she was just fine. No temp, no running tummy... nothing. Took her to the clinic they said she's just fine and dandy. Doctor checked her, no temp, no running tummy, nothing!!! Took her again yday(thurs) and they (daycare) said she had running tummy and I should come get her AGAIN...brought her home and she was just fine...doing great sef. So today I just didn't take her cos obviously she's reacting to something there which I do not know, and secondly, I didn't feel like being in a 'get up and go mode'. You know "Drop everything else you're doing and come and pick her now...". Weird isn't it. Very weird. Talk about stress.

Twas kinda stressful having to deal with that and then having a final on my hands with presentations and all. Who would have predicted that would have happened all around the day I had my final. Of course like most times I left a lot of work till the last minute. My daughter was all over the place, running...screaming...singing...jumping. Wasn't allowing baby to sleep. Therefore baby was crying and not allowing me to do my assignments. So in order to complete all the work I had before class, I had to 'back' him (kinda like using a baby sling) and kneel in front of my desk for hours (of course with eating breaks for both kids), so I could finish all the work I could. My knees and back hurt. lol. Wish I could have recorded (cam) it all. Twas really a funny sight. Hilarious.

Needless to say I came up a bit 'short'. I couldn't finish my status report, and I really didn't think it was a biggie since I did EVERYTHING else but when the time came to turn it in (in class), and the instructor asked us to present our status reports. Oh My gosh! It was so embarrassing having to explain that I didn't have it. The look on her face was awful and the dead silence was worse. The first thing she said was 'You have got to be kidding me, I cannot believe this'. Oops! by the end of the class and my really kool presentation she had smiles all over her face but I tell you, I won't forget that look for a while.

I always push myself and wasn't happy with that. My presentation and other papers were fab but the status report took away from it all a bit. Class was done at 9pm. Once I got home, I had to rush to complete it (kids asleep) and send it in before midnight. I wanted her to check her email in the morning and find it there. I think we should all strive for perfection in all that we do. A little thing can have such a great impact on a situation. Once you have started something, make sure you complete it WELL. Doesn't matter how good a job you've done with the rest. I knew that before, but just got reminded of it again yday. Big Time!

I just thank God for seeing me through the whole semester honestly. Makes me wonder how people without Christ live. The difference with Christ is clear. Even with the greatest challenges He just takes control and gives you grace, strength, joy, peace, so many things in one. He teaches, He guides. He's just too much "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him". Psalm 34:8

This weekend is going to be 'pumped'. We have our Annual Power Conference this weekend beginning from today and I trust that I will move to my next level of glory in Jesus name. Amen.

L8r

Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. Isaiah 8 :18

No comments:

Post a Comment