Friday, June 15, 2007

Advancement Strategy!

Hi Friend!

Needless to say that the HR class I had on Wednesday has encouraged me to revamp my self advancement strategy. I started developing strategies a while ago and I have noticed that being strategy-less will not cut it at all. But of course the issue with strategy is commitment to it, and you have to constantly revamp your strategy due to a constant inflow of new information, at least that's what I think. The last personal story I received and posted from some1 also got me thinking. I think a lot right!!! Don't mind me! Anyway so I decided to share my thots and strategies.

Further to the lists that I made yesterday in class, we brainstormed on each persons 'list of areas they would like to develop' and came up with steps to take. Mine was to come up with weekly and daily plans and to keep a time log (considering that I'm an 'organizer' wannabe) . I told them that I may not be able to do it oh! But they said I should try. The book says before we can control our time we must first understand how it is truly being spent hmmm... and I guess that makes sense.

Then I would then perform a value analysis to eliminate the stuff that is wasting my time and not adding any value to my development, advancement and life generally. It's just the same way when the bible says we should "...lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us..." Heb 12:1 anything that does not encourage our Christian lives and faith we need to lay aside. What that does is ensure you're more sound as a Christian. Sometimes we don't realise it but I'm sure after keeping a time log for a week I'd hopefully be able to prune certain things to advance every area of my life. Time management is Self management. May God help us all in Jesus name. Amen.

Take this assessment quiz. It's kool (Didn't give me too much info at the end but it made sense).

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment