Monday, June 11, 2007

Father's Day Preps!

Hello Friend!
Great week ahead!
Father's day is June 17, 2007. What are we planning for father's day? Was reminded again in church yday. What do I get my dad and my husband (from the kids). They're not old enough to make cute cardboard cards and all, so I have to make up for that. I'm thinking men are not supposed to be as expectant as women but according to my grandad men like to know they are loved and appreciated as well sooo... Shd I get him a Home Depot card (I like the Dad you rule card), buy something from Macy's online, do the hallmark unique gifts thing or consider my pocket and shop at Walgreen's. I'm confused especially considering the pocket thing lol. Will figure it out before the day runs out cos if I'm buying online I'll have only 4 days for shipping (and dt goes for daddy too). Let's appreciate the men in our lives. The gifts are not the most important, it's the actions and the words just like it is with our heavenly Father. He looks beyond the physical to the intent of our hearts. May God help us all in Jesus name. Amen.
Church was great yday. We talked about how necessary it is for us to have the power of God evident in our lives. It's true! We have forgotten about praying to God for His power to come upon our lives (spiritual and physical), marriages, children, career, finances, and so on. And just like I heard in church today, if you feel forgotten today in any way whatsoever, May God remember you. May His power come upon you and your situation, or area that needs His visitation. Amen. Isaiah 49: 14But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. 15Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. His word says "He cannot and will not forget you.
I do have a statistic quiz in a few hours so I gotta go.
L8r

2 comments:

  1. Bukky, far above rubbies has been a blessing,it inspires every time i read. Thats a comment from one of my collegues. kindly keep it up. bisi duduyemi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Buks,
    this blog of yours is FANTASTIC!!!
    When i feel like easing out during the day, its the place i go and i never stop learning and laughing!!!
    I pray you never lack the inspiration to write for the season.
    Keep it up girl, you have always been an insightful fellow so i am not surprised your space is this interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete