Friday, June 8, 2007

Forgetful Jones!

Hello Friend!

I and my siblings always called each other forgetful Jones whenever the other person forgot something. I had to Google it right now to find out where on earth we could have gotten it from. I thot it was probably a movie we watched only to find out that it SESAME STREET! I now suddenly remembered, the cowboy! forgetful Jones the cowboy! mennnnnnnnn, we had so much fun as kids. Anyway back to the the topic of today.

I forgot to go to the clinic today for a checkup for one of the kids, so I had to reschedule. I'm like how could I have forgotten. My spirit man told me this morning I was supposed to be somewhere and I figured that it could be at the clinic, so I called. Lo and behold! My spirit man was right. When my mum used to forget stuff, she'd say it came with the territory of motherhood and we'd laugh ha ha ha and forget about it. lol.

So for highly organized wannabes like me. I decided to put together a list of starter things that could prevent us from being like forgetful Jones the cowboy. We can always work our way up from there. I've tried them and they all work except one has to be consistent. Consistency is highly pertinent!!!

  • A to-do-List on your fridge (You can use really kool magnet stickers or just buy a to do list that has one already)

  • A notice board in your kitchen (You just pin stuff on there)

  • A food time table (we had this growing up and it was extremely efficient, you can have 'either or' for each meal time) It's a challenge cos you have to make the timetable as exciting as possible. It's kool cos it helps with knowing when to grocery shop and exactly what to buy and it also prevents wastage of food.

  • An organizer (book, phone, computer, laptop, palm top) We have these things let's make use of them

  • Always write stuff down ( Sometimes we feel like geniuses and never want to write things down. I do that a lot! Pls stop save yourself the stress and write it down instead). Ideas come to us at various times of the day. You can keep a pen and pad in strategic places around your house, and by your bed side so that your great ideas don't get lost.

For more on being organized in our career environment and generally, please read the article "Revealed: the secrets to becoming organized". It is very informative and I pray it'll advance your planning and organizing skills.

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Habakkuk 2:2

L8r.

No comments:

Post a Comment