Thursday, June 28, 2007

Motherhood beginnings!

Hello Friend,

How are you doing today? yday was pretty busy. I found out on Tuesday night that my team mates in my HR class had not started our presentation and we were to present yday. Needless to say that I had to stay up thru the night doing the slides on ppt. It turned out great. We all came together and worked hard, it helped that it was just the last phase. We had been doing different phases from the beginning of the semester.

On Tuesday night we had our weekly prayer group meeting in church and it was wonderful. I had just discovered 'bout the presentation before I had to go to church. I was really tempted to stay at home cos of the assignment but when I start getting thots like that I just start packing the baby's diaper bag and stuff, before u know it, u'd have forgotten all about the thots and find urself in the car on ur way to church lol. One of the prayer requests we took is 'for God to begin to do allow great things to be the order of the day in our lives'. Isn't that something. I mean we serve a great God, so why should we not have great things in our lives? Well I received it and the first great thing was my presentation yday. Greater things are on the way. Amen.


My day today was kool. So about my topic of today. You know the funny thing about being a full time student mom of two? lol. When doing assignments you have to calculate kiddies time in advance as well. So let's say you have two hrs a day to read and get your assignments done, you have to double that and make it four hrs or you will not get any work done (at least for me). Cos one person is needing attention at one time or another. Then to churn out excellent work you'll definitely need more time.

When it was just myself and my toddler it was much easier, even though I was carrying my big stomach to class until labor and delivery and was even back in school the wk after delivery. Baby came along and wow! It's like I pray each time I'm doing an assignment that they don't begin to scream at the same time. lol. My mum recommends having ur 1st and 2nd close together. 3rd and the rest can be spaced a bit. I'm also of that school of thought. My immediate brother and I were pretty close in age, and my kids are even closer. I know we had so much fun as kids, even though we fought a lot oh! but we had FUN and I want that for my kids too.

The funniest thing has to be the car seat thingy. Having to carry those car seats till their 12 mths can be quite burdensome but u get used to it. So u carry the car seat, then diaper bag and also your hand bag (which some say one shouldn't bother carrying but that is part of the beginnings of 'letting urself go'). Then decrease in shower time. Can u believe that? When I was single I used to spend hours in the shower even if I was late for work, meetings etc but now I usually have to dash in and dash out lol. It's just at the beginning stages though i.e. while u have lil' toddlers and babies. What about getting ready for church on Sunday. I'm in prayer group so I have to be there at 7.30 am, now that is a task considering that I don't sleep till like 4.30 am and have to get up at 5.30am to begin to get ready for everyone. lol. Needless to say that sometimes we get there late.

There are so many others that I cannot even begin to think or write about. But what am I driving at? During the process of these motherhood beginnings and infact throughout motherhood and all its challenges, my mother always says 'sham sham sham!' basically meaning 'sharp sharp sharp' or better still 'smart smart smart'. She'll say you have got to be smart and sharp no sitting around sulking or waiting or whining for too long, u've got to 'get up and go'. You know in all the areas of your life. Keeping your home-wise, motherhood-wise, wife- wise, career-wise, physical & health-wise etc I guess that's why she looks as young as she does at her age. Do all the multi-tasking with a smile on your face. The challenges may come but welcome them cause u'll have a laugh afterwards remembering it all.lol. Honestly.

Let me give you an example. Just a few weeks ago. I had a lot of appointments with the kids at their clinics for test this, check up that, shots here, shots there. I didn't quite know how to go about taking both of them cos the baby was so small and my toddler is hyper. So the first week , we tried using the stroller to go for our appointments. Hmmm... needless to say that my toddler was screaming to get out and baby too would be crying from toddler's noise. Then the stroller itself was just too big. I mean the assembling time alone from the time I get it out of the trunk to getting toddler all strapped in and then getting baby in and then loading the bags ahhhhhhhh! People would say stuff like 'Awww' so cute, they are so close in age, you must be busy, so many diapers to change right etc. The stroller was too big to fit in most of the rooms so we had to get the big rooms and so on. Looking back now, it is so funny. I laugh my head off each time I remember myself struggling to handle both of them (lol).


Now we know how to handle that better lol. I embrace each step cos it's all a learning process. No two days are the same I try to enjoy God's grace and favor for each day. We know there is no testimony without a test, and no victory without a battle. And like I learnt in class, no successful project without conflict.


James !:2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.I am truly thankful to God for everything. His making me a mother has been the best gift ever (amongst others of course).James 1:17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
I am truly thankful to God for everything. Him making me a mum has truly been the best gift ever (amongst others of course). I appreciate every minute of it. And I mean that so bad.

James 1:17"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows".

Zech 4:10'For who hath despised the day of small things?...'


L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment