Monday, June 4, 2007

Keeping it together!

Hello Friend!

Went to ATL for 2 days. It was more like 'a change of environment' for a while. On Thursday I got a text message from someone saying she was just kool and trying to 'keep it all together' (amongst other stuff she said) and it made me really sober with thought. You know! Like 'why would she say that?' 'what could she be going through to warrant that statement?'. I kept thinking about what I could say or do to make it better for her and then on the other hand I felt like I was dealing with other things myself and that I shouldn't preoccupy myself worrying about someone else. The thought process can be pretty intense and so I just committed her into God's hands as I would myself. That is one thing I try not to do 'worry'. Note the word 'try'. Concerning such care and anxiety, Scripture says in Matt 6:

"25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."


I just couldn't leave any part out. I'm sure you must have read these verses so many times but we just have to ensure that we read these verses again and again. Today is different from yesterday and so the perspective with which you read a verse today may not be the way it'll be in a month's time. That is aside from the fact that God reveals what He will at different times.

God gave me an instruction this year not to worry about something in particular and it has been tough coming through with that. Sometimes it feels like if I don't worry then that means I'm selfish. You might also feel the same way when it comes to certain issues but I tell you! what will be selfish would be to keep worrying about an issue and doing the wrong things as opposed to commiting it entirely into God's hands and allowing Him guide you into the right steps.

For us to then keep it together, we need to focus on God. We need to seek first His kingdom and righteouness so that He can add all we need unto us. So my dear friend let's try this; whenever we feel the need to worry, let's commit it immediately into God's hands and go about doing other things and remember to also go about God's business too cos if we do, He'll go about our business too.

No comments:

Post a Comment