Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On a Mission!

Hello Friend!

How are you doing today? Hmmm... Well today I'm on a mission. Not an impossible one but a possible one. I'm on a mission to feel better than I have in my life (physically i.e. health wise of course). They say if you shoot for the stars, at least you'll reach the sky. LOL. Anyway, so they (mostly from reading 'bout it and my mum) said I should wait for my baby to be well established with breast feeding before embarking on any sort of diet, and that 'that' usually takes about 6-8 wks. So we're established now, and I'm planning to start next week. It usually takes me about a week to psyche myself into the dieting mode. I'm going to take it really slow though cos of the baby.

That's part of the issues we women have to face oh! The thing is you're torn between giving the baby all he/she needs to eat (by eating a lot so you can keep up with the breastfeeding), and dieting to keep yourself fit. I think the best will be to take it nice and slow cos after a baby if you're not careful you just look at yourself in the mirror one day and wish you could dig yourself out of the body you see. So watching your weight is necessary. Ideally with the reading I've done from Medical websites and advice I have sought, one should lose the weight over a six (6) mth period.

I just remember the days (before I got married) when I'd be like 'when I have kids I'll loose my weight within 4-6 wks after the baby' LOL It sounds so funny now, not that it is not possible, but after the baby you realise what you didn't before having the baby, and that is the love you have for the baby, and the dedication to take care of the baby's interests as well. You become more enveloped in being a good mother than being a hot one. I'm not that experienced oh but with a lot of aunties and mummies gathering in my house as a child, I heard that a lot.

I saw a friend in church on Sunday who was looking so swollen, I had to giggle with her about it! She teased me when I was pregnant a lot!!! And said she would not put on an ounce of weight when she gets pregnant cos she was very skinny. I didn't think she would either but ... Anyways we laughed about it and dropped it.

I used the gym after my first child and it worked really well, but this time with two kids I'm going to do it at home. I bought a dance exercise video because I loveeeeeeeeeeeee dancing. Food-wise I have to think about that. I'll come up with something before the end of the week by God's grace. I always have different tactics. Before my wedding it was two galas, and one chivita thruout the day and it was really kool. My colleagues at work could not believe that was all I did. But this time I can't do that. There are some people who eat like truckers and are as skinny as can be but for those of us who do not belong to that league/category we have to get our acts together on time, every time.

There are so many websites and people who have; nutritional gist, exercises and so on. I'll post some later but what about asking the Holy Spirit for the way to go. My mum always said she would ask the Holy Spirit to guide her when she's going to buy something (shopping) and we'd be like yeah yeah like the Holy Spirit is interested in your shopping or whatever. But thinking about it, the Holy Spirit is supposed to be my best friend, I can talk to him about anything 'which route to take to work', 'what to read for my exam/test', and so on, why not include 'how to diet', or 'what to eat' ? He is the one who can best answer my most intimate questions. Don't just go to the Holy Spirit when you have a problem.

When I first gave my life to Christ I always looked for spiritual backing for all I did. For exercise the bible says in 1 Tim 4: 8"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come" KJV Basically saying "...Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever" Message translation. So it is useful. Not as useful as spiritual exercise (i.e disciplined life in God). The bible also warns against gluttony (Deuteronomy 21:20, Proverbs 23:2, 2 Peter 1:5-7, 2 Timothy 3:1-9, 2 Corinthians 10:5). The virtuous woman also strengthened her arms -Proverbs 31:17"She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms", so we need to keep healthy.

But like with all things spiritual we have to balance it. Proverbs 31:30"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised". Fearing God always, always tops the list.

L8r

Romans 14:5 "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind".

3 comments:

  1. Do you know what I think? I think you should wait until you have the baby and then evaluate how much weight you have gained and how best to loose it (gyming). I say that because it is your first. Your body will just be experiencing the stretch for the first time. If you were having the 2nd, or 3rd etc I would recommend gyming first so that you have good muscle tone. If your muscle tone is very slack, an extra stretch will just stretch it further. So it makes sense to tone it before, so that the end result isn't as bad. That is why subsequent pregnancies show earlier cos the muscles are not as toned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmn...the popular topic!!! here to haunt me again!!! Okay, i am quite slim, Size 8 top and 12 bottom...but i am scared that as soon as i start having kids all that will be a thing of the past...I do jog everyday now, and try to keep fit (though i know i neednt do that to stay that way) but i am convinced that a baby will change that.
    I want a baby and i want to keep my size intact...that is possible but how? what is your advice? do i wait till the baby is out before i start gyming?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! So i guess my first mission now is getting pregnant..will let you know once that is done.
    And for the sake of repetition, your blog is a blessing to me and my husband.

    ReplyDelete