Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Forgiveness!

Hello Friend,

I had a statistics quiz that I'm still recovering from (yday). It is in God's hands. I had to look at the quiz for about 10 mins to figure out where to begin. I kept thinking about how perfect my GPA is and if this would mess it up but then I had to remember that the score I currently have is due to the favor of God and I bless Him for that. I just have to study a bit harder and not take the grace of God for granted.

Been thinking about forgiveness today. You know!!! asking God about forgiveness. I have heard so many sermons about forgiveness and even read about it in God's word. I know that I have to forgive my neighbour 70 times 7 ( Matthew 18; "21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. 23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants"). But many times the spirit is willing but the body weak. The bible also says in Eph 4:26 "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath" Like my mum would say, be angry but make sure it's for the right reasons, at the right time & place to the right person. That's a tall list oh! and the Bible also says you should not let the sun go down on your anger.

The issue and area that keeps me thinking is 'do you forgive endlessly and allow the person carry on mischief?' I mean do you forgive a child and allow the child get away with things he/she should not? There has to be discipline or else the child will not learn. But you know what discipline and forgiveness are two entirely different things. The child can be forgiven immediately but then he/she has to be told that what he/she has done is not right. Disciplining a child can be backed by The word 'spare the rod and spoil the child' but what if it's someone in authority over you, a parent, a friend or a spouse what do you do? Well as cliche as it might sound, you have to turn them and the situation over to the Lord in prayer. The Holy Spirit is the best friend and guide you can ever have. He alone can guide you on what to do. if it's talking to the person who has offended you or whom you have offended. He will tell you how to, when to and what to say.

Have you been offended by someone in church, a friend, your mother, father, brother, wife, husband, fiance, fiancee, daughter, son, colleague. It's a trying process but take it one step at a time. With the help of the Holy Spirit we all can achieve forgiveness and reconciliation. Forgiveness is the first step, reconciliation follows. May God help us all.



On-the-go Meal

My new favorite on the go meal is so easy to fix. 8-10 mins and u're done. here's the menu

Rigatoni (Barilla pasta- 97 cents per pack. I pack should feed 2-3 very hungry adults)
Patsy's Marinara sauce ($3.95 or less)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 table spoons of vegetable oil

Pour pasta into pot of boiling water. Add a tablespoon of oil to keep pasta from sticking. Boil until pasta is cooked. Ideally it should take about 8 minutes. Drain the water and add; 7 oz of patsy's marinara sauce, the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the rest of the vegetable oil. Mix and cover pot. Switch cooker off. Let it rest for 5 mins and u're good to go.

Wonderful meal in 10 mins.

To make it even better pick up some ready made chicken wings from your fave food store or fry some and lunch is served. Great for kids. It they are cheesy you can grate some on the finished meal. voila!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment