Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fulfillment!

Hello friend!

How r u doin today? Great I'm sure. Just got back from my human resources class and it was lots of fun (Unlike statistics lol). Rushed out of the house, bought gas, stopped at MacDonald's for a chocolate shake, listening to Gospel gbedu (SOL). Got a good parking spot too. Did I mention that I stayed up till 5a.m doing my assignment? Anyways we actually did some self assessment tests which let you know more about your daily habits in a working environment but it usually ends up also assessing your habits generally. You then list of areas you want to develop, steps you will take to ensure the development, what you will do to keep yourself from straying and people you will ask to help you. Twas nice. Even though you don't have the book with all the lists and graphs and all, you can try it.

Check out these quotes from the book "You never seem to have enough time, yet you have all the time there is. The problem is not shortage of time, but how you choose to use that time", "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're right", "Yes, you can! Do it now!"

It got me thinking 'bout a number of things. How do we find fulfillment? what does fulfillment mean? There are so many definitions of fulfilment but I like the definition of 'measuring up to'. The first fulfillment I think comes from finding my place in God. What He desires for me. The talents He has bestowed upon me and my calling and how I am measuring up to them. So I might still have a lot to achieve (in life generally) but if at each step of the way I'm measuring up, then I'll feel a sense of satisfaction (only for a moment of course! because I know that my path is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day Prov 4:18 So I cannot be completely satisfied where I am for too long). So self management is important in ensuring that I measure up, so I can feel fulfilled.

I'd like to share another story with you today cos it has a lot to do with the topic of today.

ONE DAY AT A TIME
"Thanks a lot for the publications in your blogger. It really got me thinking, am I just existing or living? I got to ask myself, What are my hobbies? Am I enjoying my career in human resources? What’s my purpose in life? I got really confused I won’t lie! Right there in me, I concluded that I am not enjoying life as I ought to. What can be the cause I ask myself? I have a fantastic husband I am blessed with an adorable daughter my job is cool, I am really confused Holy spirit, and what can it be? Yes I have started again (Worry) before I take time to enjoy an accomplishment, I have started to worry about the next and the next and the next, till there is a jam in my system, the fear of the unknown, weariness of soul. As I read the article on worry, I ask my self, why worry? Enjoy yourself to the fullest, live a day at a time. Plan for tomorrow, but don’t worry about tomorrow. One day at a time is all I pray for, Lord teach me this day to live each day one day at a time" - Bisi

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend" Prov 27:17 Personal stories are shared so we can 'rub minds' as Christians, you know as friends! In order to enjoy life, I think I need to find fulfillment in God and in myself, just like I said earlier. If I do those two things I'll be a better person to those around me, family and all. I always say no matter how good a career woman I am, or a boss, or a colleague, or a friend, or a daughter, or a wife or a mum (I purposely left those till last) I will still have to stand alone on judgment day. Rev20:13, Rev 22:12,Matt 16:27. so I have to ensure that along side all my duties as a person I ensure that I find fulfillment in God and in myself. In essence you enjoy yourself when u're feeling fulfilled.

May God help us all in Jesus name. Amen.
L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment